12 November 2012
19 July 2012
22 July 2010
Search the Database
Job Profile: Junior Researcher- Molecular Biology
ECSIN (European Center for the Sustainable Impact of Nanotechnology), within Veneto Nanotech, is a research center for the evaluation of the impact of nanotechnology on environment, health and society. The research team is involved n European and National projects, as well as collaborations with the Universities of the Veneto Region. The research projects are in the main areas of:
-Nanotoxicology: studies for the assessment of the effect of nanotechnology on biological systems;
-Monitoring of nanoparticles in environmental matrices, as well as work exposure scenarios.
Within the activities of in vitro nanotoxicology research, ECSIN is seeking:
1 Junior Researcher:
to join the activities of a European research project. Activities will be mainly in the area of gene expression profiling, protein expression and interaction, genotoxicity testing, and research and validation of biomarkers indicating cellular and systemic stresses after the administration of engineered nanoparticles and of life cycle simulation products. Activities will mainly involve the use of techniques of qPCR, western blot, ELISA, genotoxicity in vitro tests.
- Dottorato or PhD degree or equivalent three years-long experience, in subjects related to the field of Biology;
- ability to work autonomously with molecular biology techniques, such as nucleic acids and proteins purification, qPRC, protein expression and interaction analysis;
- experience in microbiology and/or molecular analysis in tissue are considered as a plus;
- propensity to team work.
To selected candidates we offer:
- project-linked contract up to two years;
- salary is related to the selected candidate’s relevant experience;
- opportunity to work in the field of nanotoxicology.
Candidates should email their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org